Playlist


Friday, August 22, 2008

I am trying to get Meemaw's house ready for her. I have signed the 1 year lease, and am going to go Monday or Tuesday to have power, water, etc. switched to her name. I am wondering if she has informed Pappy of this move. She is going to have to if she wants her money to continue to flow. Jason has the truck all lined up and I am going to try to get window coverings of some sort up next week. She will have to take her own trash to the convenience center, but she passes one on Swan Pond every time she goes to town.
There is a neighbor guy who cuts other yards for $50, I'm going to see if he will take care of hers also.
Will let everyone know as things develop.

5 comments:

Stacy said...

She has window toppers and some drapes in the tailer. You might want to wait on that, unless you just mean blinds. I don't think she's said anything to Pappy yet. Jason took her to the bank yesterday, and she closed her account here. She said she was going to tell Pappy to put her money there. I don't know if that means she's planning on telling him about the move in that conversation or not.

Judy said...

I have some sheer panels she's welcome to but I suspect she'll want something that offers more privacy. I saw Pappy last night and he didn't mention the move and I didn't bring it up.

Jennifer said...

I'm sure she probably hasn't old him..she can't do it over the phone, she could've wrote him a letter but I doubt she did.

Joyce said...

Today when I took Pappy to lunch, I gave him a written "report " of everything happening and when. He did not appear to have any knowledge of anything. He reacted as I would expect. He wanted to know if we needed any trailers , etc. He will deposit her September check in her local account. I have already bought and hung curtains throughout her house.
Pappy does agree that it is better for Meemaw to be here.

Stacy said...

Did Pappy act hurt? I worry about him.