Playlist


Monday, November 5, 2007

Meemaw the Church Lady


Yesterday, Meemaw and Justin visited Boone Baptist Church (despite its broad name, it is a small church about the size of New Midway BC). The church is located less than 1/2 mile from her trailer.

She enjoyed herself so much she came back for the evening service and I think she is thinking of singing in the choir after they made a fuss about her pretty alto singing. Our elderly neighbor, Oneebelle (sp?) (yes, Oneebelle) Van Dyke attends the church and I think she and Meemaw are connecting.

She said she would be baking today.,.....

4 comments:

Joyce said...

That sounds wonderful. I could tell such a difference in her when we were there last week. Seems to be acquiring a new zest. Thanks again Boone Reagans for all your attention to her.

Judy said...

I'm so excited for her, finding a solid social contact like the church and singing in the choir could provide some positive feed back from someone besides family.Way to go Jason, Stacy!!

Stacy said...

Here's another tidbit. I called her this morning because my car wouldn't start. I thought I might be able to borrow her car. I know she's an early riser, so I got worried when she didn't answer. I waited a little bit and called her again. (I got the car started). I was still worried about her but thought maybe she was out somewhere, so I called her cell and didn't get an answer. I started out the door to go over there, and she called. She saw that I had called; she was still asleep and didn't hear the phone ring. (I didn't wake her up). She hardly ever did that before. I think she's getting out and doing so much that she's developing a normal sleep pattern.

Jennifer said...

I talked to her today and she told me all about the church...they wear dresses/skirts in the morning service but they wear pants at night!!