Playlist


Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Yule Rules?

Hi, everybody:


What are we doing for Christmas this year? I'm never sure who to buy for and how much, etc.


Suggestion: What if we agree to exchange gifts only for the kids (18 and under) and Meemaw and Pappy during the Christmas Eve ceremony. If we want to give a gift for someone else, I'm suggesting we do so in a private setting so as not to set off a chain of reciprocity that will invariably leave someone feeling either stressed or left out, etc. (I swear I am not writing this because this has happened as far as I know — it hasn't).

Anyway, it would probably be nice to at least have some ground rules.

Alternate suggestion: Or, for the adults, what if we each agreed to make something that could be shared with everyone (identical type items). Kids would still get normal gifts as usual. This could be anything that we create ourselves — crafts, poems, writings, a song (liek Joel or Todd could record something??), photography, painting, drawing, whatever.

I favor this idea because I'm biased: I already have something in mind to make.

Suggestions?


I hereby appoint Jennifer as Minister of Fun and Games (Christmas division) and commission her to find some unique ideas for holiday funnery....

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I think everybody should get me a gift and I'll plan all of the games...I'll give everybody a bottle of water from Lake Lanier...it's very rare!!

Joyce said...

Sounds good to me. But I do think we need to have some sort of games, etc.
Start thinking about .
Another question, what are we going to do for Thanksgiving this year?

Judy said...

I think Pappy had mentioned having Thanksgiving at Bradbury.Did somebody tell me this or did I dream it? Anyhow,there's adequate room and tables and the little kitchen. Clean up would be easy. We could do stand up comedy routines on stage or a Broadway play, the possibilities are endless.

Earl said...

What I like most is Jason's use of "reciprocity" in his post. I am going to file that one away and use it down the road somewhere. I always learn some English from his writings.