Playlist


Saturday, September 29, 2007

Spirit Day Turned Into A Pseudo-Riot

OK, this week was homecoming week at West Hall High School, and apparently it is tradition for seniors to pull a few pranks on the last day of homecoming week, Spirit Day. Basically, a bunch of seniors brought water balloons, shaving cream, and silly string to use on the underclassmen. So, at the end of our pep rally, it began. The four classes had each clumped together to form four mosh pits, the aim of which was apparently to try to be louder than the other class or some crap. Having been there for less than a semester, I don't have much school spirit (not to say I had any to begin with), so I stayed in the stands. The classes were throwing crap at each other, spraying each other with shaving cream and silly string. From what I hear, a kid got hit right in between the eyes with a Butterfinger candy bar. I'm sitting up in the stands, minding my own business, and, according to people who watched it happen, a yellow water balloon came out of the Junior class's pit. As it flew, spinning through the air, it started to pull apart into two sections, stretching due to it's propeller-like rotation. One end of it came to rest on my neck and the other part, on my chest, soaking me. I wasn't mad at all, surprisingly. Actually, I was kinda impressed. It had to be a 30ft shot at least. It hurt like crap, though. I still have a mark on my neck. The entire school was in disarray. As I was walking back to class, a kid threw an egg down the hallway. It was crazy. And exhausting.

UPDATE: Apparently, some live crickets were also thrown around. Crazy.

2 comments:

Earl said...

Good description of what sounds like a great day at school. I would have liked to seen the water balloon.

Judy said...

Tyler's got a hickey, Tyler's got a hickey!